Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

My Son...

So tonight I sit at my scrapbooking table totally out of sorts. This afternoon around 4pm my son came thru the front door... 'mommy help'.. this from a 6ft 1in, 200 lb... 17 yr old boy. His face was swollen and bleeding... everywhere.... tossed him in the shower and started rinsing off his face to see what the damage was... threw on some dry clothes and off we were to Urgent Care. He will be ok... 5 hrs later we were home with 3 stitches on the side of his nose, a slight concussion, black and blue all over his face and swelling that just doesn't seem to want to stop. Scratches and bruises all over him.... he was walking down the street with a friend, a car went by and the guys were starring them down and they 'barked at them'.. yes I said barked at them... ??? The guys in the car went down the street and turned around and came up behind the boys and jumped them. Taylor got the worst end of the deal the kid that went at him went at his face and did a nasty job of it too. I handled it like any mom would do... protecting my boy... now I sit... he is asleep and I am shaking and in tears and absolutely in shock at the thought of someone just pounding their fists into his face... someone they didn't know at all. Not caring what kind of damage that they would do and then jumping in a car and running away... I don't get it and I don't want too either. My poor little boy... he may not be small enough to sit on my lap and me hold him when he is sick anymore but he is still my little boy and I am just in shock at this... what is this world coming too...? And I wonder... if I chain him to his bed in his room will I get into trouble for it??  A mom has to protect after all.... :0(

1 comment:

  1. I read this with tears in my eyes! Cliff will be 16 in 3 days, and your words ring so true. It doesn't matter how old they are, they are still your baby boy. A mothers love is never ending, no matter their age. I feel so bad for your son, barking or not all of this was not called for. It is times like this I am glad I live in such a small, po-dunk town.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are such a strong, beautiful woman and your son's wounds will heal with time and his heart will mend with your love. *hugs* Mindi

    ReplyDelete